Leek-cannelloni with smoked tofu vegetable filling and parmesan sauce
- Clean the leek stalk, cut off the root end and cut the leek stalk in pieces 6 cm in size. Carefully push out the inner "tube" from the outer leaves so that the round "tubes" remain intact. For 4 persons you will need 12 "tubes" for the filling.
- Clean celery, bell pepper, zucchini and finely dice with the smoked tofu. Sauté vegetables and Berief organic tofu smoked in rape-seed oil for 3 minutes.
- Pour in Berief organic soy cooking cream and boil 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the vegetable mixture with breadcrumbs, mix together and pour into a piping bag. Fill the leek cannelloni with the mixture and pack individually in plastic wrap and set aside.
- For the sauce, peel the shallots, finely dice and sauté in a little olive oil. Pour in vegetable broth and Berief organic soy cooking creams and reduce by one quarter.
- Finely grate and add the Parmesan. Cook the whole thing at medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place the leek stalks in the plastic wrap in a steamer insert and steam 10 minutes.
- Sear the cherry tomatoes and a sprig of rosemary in a pan in the remaining olive oil.
- For the straw potatoes, peel the potatoes, with a peeler cut in thin slices and cut into fine strips with a knife.
- Deep fry the strip is hot frying oil 160 degrees, and let drain on paper towels. Season with salt.